This blog should be a safe place for anyone who wants to talk, read, listen, and experience technology in safe GOD fearing way. I am a believer and follower of JESUS CHRIST MY LORD AND SAVIOR WHO I BELIEVE CAME DOWN AS GOD IN THE FLESH TO SHED BLOOD SO WE MAY BE MADE RIGHT WITH GOD AND HE WILL ACT AS WITNESS ON OUR BEHALF BECAUSE NO MAN CAN GET TO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN BUT THROUGH JESUS CHRIST and it is those who believe mission to spread this message of love to all people for GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD! I strive to live righteously and I pray you do to and understand that we should do that in all that we do even when we are enjoying my favorite hobby, all things tech! that's why I am a techie in CHRIST I am a tech nerd that is grounded in the LORD. GOD BLESS !
Saturday, November 2, 2013
Top 5 things I like about Android 4.4 Kit-Kat and why!
Kit Kat is released ! - I was so happy to see this. If you are a fan of nexus you have been waiting for this for a long, and i mean looong time. Especially after being bombarded by news out lets and apple fanboys or isheep touting the updates to ios7. This is one part sinful jealousy and one part anxious anticipation. I know this is just a .1 update but this update is nice! So I wanted to write a post about the things that I am most excited about with Kit Kat 4.4
1. Full screen wallpaper - on the nexus a part of the screen was taken up by a task bar and black tool bar which housed the navigation buttons, this cheated us of screen real-estate. Now this will be transparent allowing us to enjoy the full screen especially nice with the 5 inch nexus 5.
2. SMS (cell number texts) hangout integration with Emoticons - this is really helpful because I do find it a tad bit cumbersome to go between two apps, some for my sms, others for my hangout friends. I like this central place, I am hoping that since its integrating in the same app, I can view both messages on my nexus 7 too. I also like emoticons. Apple people often make fun of the little black androids we are forced to use when using mms, but hangouts emojis are even better than ios to me, so I can use that now. I know some are saying "how old is this guy" but don't judge me haha I use it with my wife! (manly voice).
3. NFC Emulator - my non techies dont know what this is , NFC is used by many of my readers at work. I am happy about the emulator because it will let me integrate my nfc cards in my phone so I can use that to buzz in. They also made it possible for more phones to use Google wallet, and enable other banks to create their own payment app. I am hoping for the day when I can just carry my phone to any store to pay for what I need! That would make traveling so much easier when I just have to keep up with my phone , not my phone AND wallet.
4. Smart Dialer - This is going to be one of those overlooked things that is going to help a lot in the long run. You heard it here first, this is going to be the next thing IOS is going to try to "borrow". Anyway , the dialer app will allow you to begin typing in the name of place and the app will search the internet for that phone number. This is amazing! I was just complaining to my wife that I had to throw this phone book away that was delivered yesterday committing on how its a gross misuse of paper and money. I know most people now go to the browser on thier phone and google the place they need a number for. Now that will be a thing of the past because the dialer in kitkat will find the number for you! I wish my dad had this for his phone! I can imagine the time, and conveyance I will have with this feature
5. Google always listening- "OK GOOGLE" is all I need to pull up google now which is awesome, That is one of the main show off features when you are around people and they ask "whats so cool about android." We can pretend like we don't , but we all like to have something that makes people go wow when you get something new. The first 4 things just made google better but this is a wow card. That is similar to the fingerprint scan. Even if you are too mature of saint to want to show it off (which is a blessing) you still want something on your own that you can marvel at.
Well this is what I am most excited about in kit-kat. Some people may feel different, let me know if you think something else should have made the top 5. GOD BLESS